4th grade PRESENT PERFECT


PRESENT PERFECT.

This verb tense is the last of the verbs we will study in Primary.... Yeah!!! So we will work with it two more years before high school.



PRESENT PERFECT is formed by
 TO HAVE + PAST PARTICIPLE



Review the verb to HAVE.


Forms of the Present Perfect



Uses of Present perfect:
1.- When it lasts from the past until now
I have been a teacher since 1998 (I'm still a teacher)
She has had a cold for a week (She still has it)

2.- Something takes place in the past but is an unspecified time, we don't know when it happen.
He has been in Paris (We don't know when)
I've seen that movie (I cannot remember when)

3.- Something repeated in the past lasts until now.
This semester we have had four exams.
I've been to this restaurant many times this month.

4.- When there is a change over time.
Your English has improved since first grade.
She has grown since I last saw her.

5.- Uncompleted action that is expected to happen.
She hasn't finished her homework yet.
They still haven't arrived.




Adverbs used with the Present Perfect

JUST: I have just finished the exam.
SO FAR: So far, I have eaten at home twice this week.
EVER: Have you ever eaten sushi?
NEVER: I have never seen her in my life.
ALREADY: She has already done this project.
YET: She hasn't seen this movie yet.



Prepositions used with the Present Perfect
SINCE: I have gone to this school since first grade.
FOR: I haven't played the flute for four days.



























In order to use it well we need to review the Past Participle... here is a game that will help you.



And a rythm to follow... Can you do it as fast as the video??



I'm sure you have heard this songs before.... they all use the Present Perfect.

Now... is time to use it in some games... ready???
Game 1
Game 2
Game 3
Game 4
Game 5

Now... do you think you can mix all the tenses?? Yes?? Here is a challenge for you!!!
Challenging Game 1

Comments